Consultant Radiologist Doctor
Ultrasound Guided Steroid Injections in London of any Joint, Tendon, Ligament or Muscle, performed by an NHS Consultant Radiologist Doctor Scanning and Injecting Privately!
A full Consultation with your Radiologist is included in the below price.
|Ultrasound Guided Cortisone Injections|
of any Tendon, Ligament, Muscle or Joint
- Each additional Joint/ tendon injected is charged at £135 per injection.
- There has to be a minimum of 3 months in between any repeat steroid injection.
- If you DO NOT HAVE a referral from your GP/Specialist to have a steroid injection, you will need to speak to our GP beforehand to obtain a written referral to our Radiologist (ensure that the injection is appropriate and you have no contraindications to having a steroid injection). This service will cost you £25 in addition to the above.
- If you DO HAVE a referral from your GP/ Specialist to have a steroid injection, you will not need to pay for this additional GP service.
- Our Receptionist will be in touch to organise this GP appointment after you book on-line for your ultrasound guided injection appointment.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before your appointment time – this allows adequate time to get registered with us.
Ultrasound Guided Steroid Injection London Procedure –
This is an ultrasound of any musculoskeletal part of your body by a Consultant Radiologist. He will, if able and warranted, proceed to perform a guided Cortisone (Steroid) injection into the site of maximal inflammation. This may be done with or without a local anaesthetic.
There may be instances that the procedure may be refused. This may occur if you have contraindications to having a Steroid injection. It may also occur if there is clearly no inflammation seen and clinically an injection would not be warranted. In such circumstances, you will only be charged for the Ultrasound scan – which is £145.
If you need a steroid injection without ultrasound guidance (NOT recommended) – see our Cortisone injection by GP section.
Our Consultant Radiologist WILL NOT inject tennis elbow/ golfers elbow/ plantar fasciitis with a steroid. This is because studies have shown worse outcomes with steroid injections for these conditions. He will however, offer you a DRY NEEDLING injection, which allows your body to heal the inflammation naturally without the need for steroids (this has been clinically proven to be of benefit).