Ultrasound Guided Cortisone and Saline Hydrodilatation of your frozen shoulder.
- Personalised service by a NHS Consultant Radiologist Doctor Scanning & Injecting Privately!
- A full Consultation with your Radiologist is included in the below price.
|Ultrasound Guided Hydrodilatation|
of a Shoulder Joint
- If you DO NOT HAVE a referral from your GP/Specialist to have a steroid injection, you will need to speak to our GP beforehand to obtain a written referral to our Radiologist (ensure that the injection is appropriate and you have no contraindications to having a steroid injection). This service will cost you £25 in addition to the above.
- If you DO HAVE a referral from your GP/ Specialist to have a steroid injection, you will not need to pay for this additional GP service.
- Our Receptionist will be in touch to organise this GP appointment after you book on-line for your ultrasound guided injection appointment.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before your appointment time – this allows adequate time to get registered with us.
This is an ultrasound of your shoulder by a Consultant Radiologist, who will, if able and warranted, inject a local anaesthetic and Cortisone (Steroid) followed by normal saline into your shoulder glenohumeral joint (Hydrodilatation procedure). The injected fluid can be seen to expand the joint and sometimes flow out of the joint in a particular direction. The hydrodilatation procedure is thought to disrupt adhesions (scar tissue), thereby opening or freeing up the joint allowing for improved range of movement.
Your Consultant will exercise your shoulder post procedure and this can be quite painful. We would encourage you to bring in a companion who will be able to take you home if you are in too much pain.
There may be instances that the procedure may be refused – such as if you have contraindications to having a Steroid injection or if there is clearly no inflammation seen and clinically an injection would not be warranted. In such circumstances, you will only be charged for the Ultrasound scan – which is £145.