Private Hay fever Treatments London
Private Hay fever treatments are vital for people who suffer from this debilitating condition and find that all over the counter medication has not worked.
Here at the GP Surgery, we have experienced GP’s who can provide you with prescribed medication to control your hay fever symptoms. If you have tried all available over the counter and prescribed oral and nasal medications, we have effective alternatives to control your symptoms.
|PLEASE NOTE – We only have your welfare in mind when we ensure that you have tried everything before resorting to alternative treatments that could have potentially significant side effects. Your doctor will go through your medical history fully and ensure there are no contraindications to having other treatments.. Our Doctor CAN REFUSE to administer alternative treatments if it is not used as a last resort or you have any medical condition which could be exacerbated by it..|
|Hay fever Consultation with GP||£59*|
(This will be the charge for a prescribed medications consultation. If you have an alternative treatment, you will only need to pay for that treatment)
|* = £15 Surcharge for Weekend appointment|
Alternative treatments work by suppressing your immune system and hence will reduce the inflammation in your body caused by pollen and other allergies. People who persistently take these alternative treatments are prone to more infections as their immune system can become weak. Hence it would be important to avoid people with infections such as chicken pox and measles, where possible.
Please CALL US to find out what alternative treatments we have and how much they cost.
Reasons why your GP will not give you an alternative treatment-
Examples include if you have:
- An Infection or have been exposed recently to significant infections (including tuberculosis).
- Diabetes or Epilepsy or High Blood Pressure or Heart problems.
- Psychoses in the past.
- Recently suffered from any form of cancer.
- A bowel disorder, recent bowel surgery, or a stomach ulcer.
- Taken medication that may interact with this medicine.
- Been breastfeeding or are currently pregnant.
- Never had chickenpox before (increases the risk of you getting this).
Side effects of alternative treatments-
Your doctor will go through these with you. Side effects are very rare, but it is important to be aware of them before you make a decision on having this treatment. Examples include:
- Adrenal suppression and increased susceptibility to infections.
- Weight change.
- Thinning of bones.
- Diabetes or activation of Diabetes.
- Fluid retention and heart problems and high blood pressure.
- Psychiatric and psychological problems.
- Local reactions – abscess, pain, skin colour change, fat pad atrophy.